Just leave my meals at the door …and walk away..

Posted on

Oh, what’s a girl to do? There are not enough hours in the day to play, you know?Yesterday the Divine and soon to be blessed Kat took the time to send me a mystery bundle. I love it! I have a deadline (but I don’t feel pressured- just invigorated!) to  use the items in a project and then post about it. Oh, what to  do, what to do! Check out the haul:

I can picture something like 3 Hours Past is showing us…. or an embellished Lisette…. did you notice that little polka-dotted belt buckle- squeal!!!

I’m also am signed up for A Perfect Nose’s One Cool Thing/One Strange Thing Swap. This is a wonderful hoarders dream! I can’t wait to see what other people bought when they were shopping and had than moment when their minds glaze over and the cart fills with the textile equivalent of an episode of ‘Chopped!’

Here are the rules:

-Crappy things not allowed.  (OH well!)

-Entries will be accepted until March 31st, 2012 and a list of interested swap contributors drawn up.

- Each swap contributor will send one cool thing and one strange thing to their nominated swap partner within a month.

I’m supposed to help the other involved bloggers by sharing my likes and taste with a style board perhaps- I’m not too great at that so I’m working on a pinterest board of my random fancies.

Sniff- sniff….do you smell something? Like a spoiled smell? Something slightly off and perhaps rotten? Oh! It’s just me!

Mr B surprised me with the Singer 160- look at all the paw prints on it already- I swear, I stroked it more than the pups last evening! Got to love what a nerd thinks is the perfect gift, right?

photo credits: little me, Perfect Nose, NY Public Library archives

18 thoughts on “Just leave my meals at the door …and walk away..

lynnewill said:
    March 31, 2012 at 12:24 pm

sounds like a fun exchange. Congrats on the new machine:)

prttynpnk responded:
      April 1, 2012 at 10:20 am

Thank you, thank you!

ellec said:
    March 31, 2012 at 12:33 pm

I love that belt buckle, so cute! Interesting, I admire your bravery in doing this, this kind of thing stops my creativity totally. OMG, that machine, so cute, I am sure you will have many happy years together. Enjoy.

prttynpnk responded:
      April 1, 2012 at 10:22 am

My picture does not do Kat’s knit justice- it’s a lovely raspberry…I have a cotton that looks perfect with it- I think.

CGCouture said:
    March 31, 2012 at 1:15 pm

That machine is too fun! How cool that you got all that stuff! I think that the stretch lace (that’s what it is, right?) would make a really cute nightie or some other sort of fun underpinning. :-) It would make a pretty dress too, depending on the level of sheerness and adding an appropriate lining.

prttynpnk responded:
      April 1, 2012 at 10:23 am

It is narrow, so I’m thinking a nice panel of it somehwere- or maybe sleeves?

theresa said:
    March 31, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Oh gosh that sounds like fun! And your new sewing machine, looks like fun! Wipe those paw prints off, pet the pups and get down to the maiden sew.

chicenvelopements said:
    March 31, 2012 at 2:16 pm

I can’t wait to see what you do with your surprise package!

Cynthia said:
    March 31, 2012 at 5:39 pm

That Singer is covetable

prttynpnk responded:
      April 1, 2012 at 10:23 am

Amazon had her on sale…

Kat H said:
    March 31, 2012 at 6:38 pm

Yay, I’m glad it arrived safely! :-)

That Singer machine is fabulous. So, so pretty.

Najah said:
    April 1, 2012 at 4:55 am

OMG!! I just opened the same box!! We’re so spoiled.

prttynpnk responded:
      April 1, 2012 at 10:24 am

Are you redecorating for her today?

Najah said:
        April 1, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Yes…just found a temporary home for her (because of course I didn’t make room before I bought it) and we’ll be getting acquainted very soon. Sucks I gotta special order extra feet, but who cares…it’s just sew pretty. It’s like my new trophy wife!

Heather Lou said:
    April 1, 2012 at 11:27 pm

I. WANT. IT! Holy cow that machine is amazeballs. You have such a thoughtful and lovely hubby!

prttynpnk responded:
      April 1, 2012 at 11:49 pm

Something tells me that an expensive camera lens was ordered too…perhaps I have a guilt offering!

Lavender said:
    April 2, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Omigoodness!!! I’m going to send you something only so I can have your address and steal that machine under the cover of night! Is it amazing? I’ve been drooling over them and really want to try one out.

I wish I’d known about this exchange two days ago :(

Mystery Make update | Modern Vintage Cupcakes said:
    April 30, 2012 at 9:03 am

[...] I’m pleased to say that they’ve all reached their new homes, with The Seek Speak, Pretty Grievances and Moon Munkie. Pretty Grievances has used one of the things in her parcel already, to hem a [...]