Wearable Wednesday- Peter Pilotto

Posted on

Take a seat, get a beverage and prepare yourself for some whiplash. You can get whiplash from cocking your head to the side too hard, can’t you? We shall soon find out.

A lot of Pink Floyd was playing in the atellier, me thinks.

Nothing sets a mood like wearing a lava lamp. I have this next one, but mines a lamp I got at an estate sale.

I like this- because I’ve always wanted to see the inside of a robot muppet.

I have been flippant, but I do see so much good in the lines and fabrics of this design duo- I’m just not Daphne GUinness enough to carry these off.

When Gaga takes over the planet- this is what the police will wear…and perhaps the ski team:

One more for good measure:

What do you think? Other than you have an overwhelming desire to play “Dark Side of the Moon’ now….

photo credits: stylecom

32 thoughts on “Wearable Wednesday- Peter Pilotto

Sandy said:
    April 25, 2012 at 11:03 am

“Robot Muppet”… chortle. Almost spit out my tea onto the keyboard. Dead on description. I love your fashion reviews.

mrsmole said:
    April 25, 2012 at 11:05 am

Besides the fashion looking more bondage than anything else inspired by a hangover those shoes are gross. Did someone just think that adding black ribbons to some creepy looking pumps would make women go wild? Fluffy blue boobs? Fingerless full length gloves? At least the make-up was normal.

April 25, 2012 at 11:25 am

The blue fur is very well placed, isn’t it? At least she is warm!

themateriallady said:
    April 25, 2012 at 11:14 am

So you like it? (Dark Side of the Moon indeed…. I wasn’t singing that loudly)

April 25, 2012 at 11:27 am

Its art, I appreciate it, but it definitely wouldn’t go over my sofa!

ruth said:
    April 25, 2012 at 11:28 am

As usual, no smiling happy faces but Robot Muppet girl looks particularly p****ed off -she must have been the last one to the audition. Am I seeing the same dress just made up in different fabrics? It’s all those lines and patterns and moires and colours that are confusing me…….

Sandy said:
    April 25, 2012 at 11:33 am

I actually like the second skirt a bit. The style lines work better when the hallucinations are on the outside.
    Sandy in the UK

April 25, 2012 at 11:39 am

That’s exactly what Anna wintour told them!

Barbara said:
    April 25, 2012 at 11:34 am

I do see some nice lines and fabric…I love #3 but would need sleeves and not fingerless gloves. Thanks for sharing … love your Wearable Wed posts!!!

April 25, 2012 at 11:42 am

I love #3, I’d love to see it on a red carpet. Not on scarjo, of course, that would just make me pissy.

lynnewill said:
    April 25, 2012 at 12:09 pm

I’m trying to get over the unfortunate gap between the first models thighs. That image may haunt me….The style lines of the skirt on #2 could be quite nice in another fabrication and I find the strap effect on #4 intriguing. Overall the fabric is a complete turnoff for me though, it looks to be the same technique they use on the super hero characters now, starting with Spide rman…oh so appropriate for Lady Gaga but…the rest of much….not so much maybe.

Starting looking forward to this post last night….love “wearable wednesdays”

Leanne T said:
    April 25, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Very futuristic looking!

theresa said:
    April 25, 2012 at 1:13 pm

I want to see the skeleton fabric dress, there must be one? Not my cup of tea, but I would/could have great fun with the muppet dress. ;) The dogs would think they were fozz balls no doubt…

April 25, 2012 at 4:49 pm

There really must be a skeleton dress- or at least an MRI motif.

Seraphinalina said:
    April 25, 2012 at 1:50 pm

To paraphrase Getty Lee in a Rush documentary my husband was watching, they must have a very aromatic audience.
    The optical illusion involved in some of them is pretty cool, but there is just so much going on with the prints it’s overwhelming.

April 25, 2012 at 4:46 pm

I wonder if you can get a person to walk in front of you with a blacklight..

CGCouture said:
    April 25, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Some of the pieces have good bones, but even my love of color doesn’t stretch quite to that extent. I can’t believe no one said anything to ‘ol Pete about how crazy quilt cottons shouldn’t be used for clothing. And someone needs to force those girls to take a shower, they look like 12 year olds after gym class. That hair is just nasty. Why do they make models look like that? Why can’t the woman just be normal looking instead of grungy and/or half dead? I get that they are trying to get you to focus on the clothes, but to me, I’m more likely to purchase clothing if the woman wearing it looks beautiful, because then I’ll think “maybe if I buy this, I’ll look as stunning as she does”. Sorry, I guess I should step off my soapbox now…

April 25, 2012 at 4:37 pm

Every wednesday morning I set the soapboxes up for this- don’t hesitate to climb them for us!

Andi said:
      April 25, 2012 at 11:08 pm

Y’know, I read somewhere that the models go from show to show, literally nonstop. So sometimes, when you see the wet hair look, it’s because they already had so much CRAP done to their hair or put in their hair, the only way to handle it is to slick it back and pretend that it is intentional. You see some variation on that look EVERY season and that’s usually my first thought — yes, the “Ew, gross!” moment but also, “Those poor things, they probably just want to go home, shower and put their feet up!”

Mary said:
    April 25, 2012 at 3:44 pm

Those blue furry things look like “neuticles”. This whole line has me wishing for plain linen shirts.

April 25, 2012 at 4:39 pm

I’m googling neuticles…

April 25, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Oh, my!

Molly said:
    April 25, 2012 at 3:57 pm

I can’t wait for the police to start wearing those uniforms! I imagine they would do coordinated dances with the robot muppets

April 25, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Shh- the muppet is undercover! Robomuppet!

Andi said:
    April 25, 2012 at 11:11 pm

I actually like the police uniforms, mostly because if we’re gonna have a fascist state then I feel like we should dress the police loudly so everyone knows who they are. Those suits would accomplish that nicely.

The other stuff, I like in theory….but not in practice. I would love the prints on simple black silky t-shirts with solid black backs and clean lines. I wonder if they’re going to tone them down in between the runway and real life.

April 25, 2012 at 11:22 pm

Another collection we’d like to get our hands on the fabric for!

Elle C said:
    April 26, 2012 at 12:23 am

I don’t think Daphne Guinness is Daphne Guinness enough to carry these off. However, I think, dare I say it, The Swinton might be able to wear these and make us all want them so we could look as cool as she does, which of course could never happen.

Number four would be very popular with the Pomeranians, the poofy stuff looks like it could act as one side of velcro and the Poms would be the other side. Sort of a weird dog snuggly.

But then again I could just be medicated.

catherinedaze said:
    April 26, 2012 at 6:39 am

I’m really liking this one. It reminds me of a Marios Schwab collection a few years ago that I really fell in love with. OK he can keep those weird fluffy things, but the lines…swoon.

April 26, 2012 at 10:54 am

You do do this justice!

janine said:
    April 27, 2012 at 1:04 am

actually looking at these photos have saved me alot of money in drugs – I was tripping out – great- more money for fabric. ( only joking – don`t want to get deregistered )

Chris said:
    April 28, 2012 at 11:17 am

Ok, strangely enough, the first one- I like. Something about it reminds me of peacock feathers. The one you described saying something about when Gaga takes over the world, it’s what the police will be wearing- I kinda like that one too- not sure why. But the one that looks furry- I’m sorry but it just looks like she strapped two colored furry animals to her boobs and went out in public like that. Not exactly anything I’d wear but some of it’s kinda cute!

April 28, 2012 at 11:24 am

I like them all a bit, too!