Wearable Wednesday! Chanel lets us eat cake

Posted on

Ok, now this is resort wear, so technically it isn’t Ready to Wear, but people, bear with me- it is a cratepaper crazy,special tailoring odyssey and I want you to join me. Ready? We’re at Varseille with the Swinton who is being captured by the Kaiser- but nobody puts our Tilda in a corner! Not even Karls team of bobbed fembots in ground gripping shoes!

Oh, Coco. Jessica Simpson just bought these pants.

I love this jacket.

Why are they angry- their feet can’t hurt?!

I want this- unless the nightgown restraining her is actually part of it…

Does your pink eyeshadow make you look like you have an infection? Yeah, me too.

Well, children of the revolution, how do you feel?

photo credits: style.com, google images

41 thoughts on “Wearable Wednesday! Chanel lets us eat cake

sewbusylizzy said:
    May 16, 2012 at 11:07 am

Lordy. I thought resorts were where people were happy? Cheerful? Wore comfy clothes? Is it a resort for the surly & overdressed? Is it clothing of the last resort? … still wanna try on option 1…

May 16, 2012 at 11:28 am

Sigh….maybe I secretly yearn to be surly and overdressed, I’d like to play with all of these. Why aren’t I ever drawn to the practical?

sewbusylizzy said:
        May 19, 2012 at 7:48 am

because practical is ‘so beige’ my dear!

ooobop! said:
    May 16, 2012 at 11:57 am

I want them all! :-)

May 16, 2012 at 12:54 pm

I can see you in them! Without the bowl bob tho.

Barbara said:
    May 16, 2012 at 12:15 pm

My favorite is the black jacket/top #3. Also love the sweater/top on #4 and I do like the blue dress..I think would like it more without the stand up collar and pockets less puffed out. The Swinton would look great in the black dress you covet , she could pull off the odd nightgown clinging to it. Thanks for sharing

May 16, 2012 at 12:55 pm

there is alot to love here. I’ve got the shoes on order for you.

kbenco said:
    May 16, 2012 at 12:44 pm

How cunning to display at Varseille, with all those neck enhancing details and decadent price tags. I do love the black gown, sans nightie, but wonder why with presumably delightful spring gardens, all these backgrounds are deadly dull gritty paths with occasional hedge and pond? Maybe the clothes are not sufficiently attention grabbing and we would be distracted by the flowers?

May 16, 2012 at 1:03 pm

I just assumed they were using the Swinton as their lighting. At least the models are wearing those shoes- they could turn an ankle big time on that gravel!

nettie said:
    May 16, 2012 at 12:54 pm

I love that jacket Tilda is wearing!! I can say that there is much that I like about the rest, though. Especially those nurse’s shoes.

May 16, 2012 at 1:04 pm

I love coats and jackets- this is a lot to love. The Swintons jacket begs to be stroked.

Ruth said:
    May 16, 2012 at 12:59 pm

If it says Chanel on it I want it, I don’t care if I look like a mad blue Marie-Antoinette. I’m having deeply coveteous thoughts on Tilda’s coat.

May 16, 2012 at 1:05 pm

Ok now- did you see Gaga in the UK Daily Fail today? She’s only wearing a glittery Chanel jacket- she may be the only exception to the chanel jacket love for me!

Leanne T said:
    May 16, 2012 at 1:42 pm

Odd shoes, but I do like the outfits. Although, what’s with Karl Lagerfeld?

May 16, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Even the Swinton seems daunted by him!

Tia Dia said:
        May 16, 2012 at 6:30 pm

Are you kidding? Look that that expression on her face and in her eyes! He’s got her arm and she’s pretending she doesn’t mind. No fawning over the Kaiser for her!

elle c said:
    May 16, 2012 at 1:48 pm

Oh Wednesdays I love you. Wearable Wednesdays that is.

I see the casting call for this shoot was for Romulan or Vulcan models with easter egg colored hair.

The first one reminds me of a bee keepers outfit, slap on the hat and you are good to go. One does wonder how the model is able to stay in a vertical pose with legs that have no visible muscle, just bone and skin.

The second one, hmm, kinda looks like Karl vomited ruffles all over it, and keep your hands away from the salsa and chips, that lace would be dragging through everything. But I forgot people who buy Chanel don’t eat, do they?

What is with the schizophrenic (I can actually spell that without looking it up, that should scare you) black and lace dress? Maybe the black part is the cocoon and the lace is the metaphorical butterfly bursting out?

I want Tilda`s coat. Tell you what we can stalk her, you knock her down, I will rip the coat from her and run, we will also need a get away driver, any takers?

I think I may need to up my meds.

elle c said:
      May 16, 2012 at 1:48 pm

make that slap a veil on the hat

Seraphinalina said:
      May 16, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Great minds think alike, I was TOTALLY thinking Romulan for the last model, I mean look at those eyebrows?!? How is she not cast in the next Star Trek movie?

May 16, 2012 at 3:20 pm

I couldn’t believe they din’t get Agyness deyn to do this show- she’s part Romulan. Maybe she was participating in Pon Farr this week and unavailable. Oh, crap, I’ve outed myself as a Star Trek dorklet.

elle c said:
        May 16, 2012 at 3:21 pm

you say that like it’s a bad thing

Donna said:
    May 16, 2012 at 2:08 pm

That’s a beautiful Swinton look – looks like we have a battle for her coat. ;)

elle c said:
      May 16, 2012 at 2:29 pm

we can time share the coat

May 16, 2012 at 3:21 pm

I’m sure that the Swinton is a benevolent ‘Oddess, she would share.

lazysubculturalgirl said:
    May 16, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Goodness. I can’t imagine a resort where I’d wear those, although I do like the black coat/dress too (minus the tulle). I’m wondering if Uncle Karl took the Versailles concept a bit too far? These are all so terribly, terribly Marie Antoinette — when I can see an influence without having to think about it, it’s over the top.

May 16, 2012 at 3:22 pm
    • Seriously, those models are just a sheep and a crook away from being over the top and back again.
    Heather Lou said:
    May 16, 2012 at 3:24 pm

Those shoes are the worst (Sketchers anyone?) but this was a fun show.

May 16, 2012 at 4:20 pm

I had no idea Karl cared so muh about models arches! what a sweetheart!

notesfromrumbleycottage said:
    May 16, 2012 at 6:50 pm

Love Tilda’s jacket. As for the shoes, those are my kind of high heels.

CGCouture said:
    May 16, 2012 at 7:26 pm

I like the lines on the front of the black dress, though the rabid poodle on the back has to go. As for the rest of it, I have trouble believing that any actual relaxing could be done in this so-called ‘resort wear’. I mean, I don’t tend to think of black clothing when traveling somewhere balmy and near the ocean. Call me crazy. Nor do I think of stiff woven fabrics shaped into odd necklines, or anything besides semi-sheer, loose, flowing fabrics in bright colors and sandals for walking on the beach. And maybe, MAYBE, a towel for when Rafael is giving me that incredible massage…. ;-)

May 16, 2012 at 8:13 pm

No, Karl isn’t going to massage anyone with those gloves- not that you’d ask him to.

CGCouture said:
        May 17, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Ew. Just. Ew. *shudder*

themateriallady said:
    May 16, 2012 at 7:49 pm

I think the Lagerfeld is enough to scare anyone – but I’m glad he chose those shoes and not something from the ‘Hotter’ shoes range. Perhaps he is just feeling his age and going for something comfy. It wasn’t clear if the clothes had elasticated waists…..

May 16, 2012 at 8:14 pm

I can’t imagine Karl caring for his fembots comfort, I’m sure he hasn’t offered them anything from his private diet coke cellar!

rosyragpatch said:
    May 17, 2012 at 11:11 am

Resort wear? Seriously? I like the black dress but am not sure about having what might be a bridal veil hanging from it.

May 17, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Those sleeve veils will definitely prohibit bbq indulgence.

symondezyn said:
    May 17, 2012 at 8:11 pm

despite the bizarre styling and embellishments which are clearly from another dimension, the tailoring lines on the jackets are just incredible – the first one in pink, and the black one are my favourites :)

Lynne said:
    May 25, 2012 at 12:01 am

They scare me. But I do like the pink sneakers

May 25, 2012 at 10:30 am

Oh, I’d definitely wear those!

The Thistle and the Swinton | Pretty Grievances said:
    June 8, 2013 at 12:45 pm

[…] field somewhere…. but he should have seen this coming- remember the Versailles Chanel show on Wearable Wednesday over a year ago? He doesn’t understand her lack of accessories, but he understands the […]