Sometimes while I recline on my velvet perch and survey my little kingdom of textiles and dachsies, I think to myself, ‘Is there anyone else out there like me?’ Of course this leads to many troubling questions about people stealing my favorite accessories and possibly wearing them better than I do, but that really isn’t possible, is it Bruderlein?
No, of course not. But my heart does warm at the knowledge that all along the interwebs like little fireflies dance a world of tiny sewists who create and chat and share and hug and they are my favorite party……The Sewcialists. These are our peeps- our family of sparks that unites us and inspires us. People like Leila who came up with the brilliant name and organized us into a thing. A Beautiful thing. A Sewcial thing.
What are we? Well, Sewcialists are people who enjoy sewing and using social media to engage with others who enjoy sewing too.
Now here is where it gets interesting! We have a little competition going on: As with all fine things, we need an emblem, a badge a flag to wave and proclaim us united! Want to be the amazing artiste who creates the emblem that the world will come to recognize as a defining moment in Sewcial history??? Ok, no pressure. Let me get your juices flowing with a list of the dandy prizes:
- A 1 year subscription to Make magazine generously offered by our official sponsor Make
- A $100 cash prize
- A custom ipad sleeve
- The lifelong adoration of the Sewcialist community! Think of the bragging rights! immortality!
- Relates to sewing and the social nature of sewcialists
- Is modern, simple, recognizable and memorable
- Is useable in black & white as well as in color
Deadline is Saturday 20th of April 2013 and submissions can be made to:
Just want to change the world with your vote? That’s cool, too!
April 24 until May 8: The jury members will open up general voting on the designs that made it to the final round.
- Voting will happen via comments on the jury blog posts (you can do it here! Come on, you love to comment! Don’t get shy now!)
- Every sewcialist has one vote per jury-blog
- One person can vote multiple times (as long as it’s on different jury-blogs) on different designs, or on the same design.
Hey, feel free to share this contest with your friends. It’s open to all. The fine print can be found at sewcialists.org.
photo credits: google images, sewcialists.org, little me