Don’t call the authorities, he got his kibble! This weekend my industrious husband has a million things on his dance card, just like last weekend. You’d think this would make the sewingroom fairly smoke with activity, right? Well, I’ve been ducking and dodging the parts of Vogue 1343 that I am not thrilled by- it is a bias edge finish nightmare. For me at least- I’m not huge on that task. Last weekend I got the majority of the construction done and now it’s time for all that edging blech!
Who will save me from this fiendish pursuit? Beajay and TwoToast! I won by glorious default a Plus Size Pattern Pyramid!!!!! Hurrah for me!!!! Playing with these patterns and selecting ones to put back in the mix will help me avoid that Vogue for a good many hours- well it would if I wasn’t so instant gratification girly! So last evening I laid all the patterns around me on the floor in the sewingroom and welcomed them to their new home. Telling them that soon, they will meld with the richest animal prints and the gaudiest challis! They didn’t respond, but they will come around, I just know it. Want to see? Not the welcome ceremony of course, that’s private and I’ve already put the headdress away, but you can still see the patterns themselves before they disappear into my personal pattern avalanche.
But lets take a moment to reflect on the original pattern pyramid concept and how it all began with a generous gift to a blogger and her wish to share that with the sewing fellowship. This pyramid that Beajay started is very special to me- so many times I’ve passed on gorgeous giveaways because my grading up skills are not amazing, so a pyramids with nothing I can’t use is a wootwootwoot! Ready to see all this? Really ready? Ok~
Here is the special surprise prezzie she threw in for me! Thanks Twotoast!!That bundle has a lovely black lace- sosososo cute!
Here’s what I’m claimin’
Ok, now heres the deal:
THE RULES (As copied – and slightly amended – from Did You Make That)
- Anyone, anywhere can enter the giveaway by posting a comment below by midnight Friday September 13th BUT you must have an active blog. (Reasons to become obvious.)
- I will randomly select a winner with much help!
- Each winner will pick a selection of patterns to keep for themselves, then host their own giveaway throwing some new choices into the mix. They will randomly select a winner, post the remaining patterns to that Person C. Person C will pick a pattern for themselves, host their own giveaway and post the remaining patterns to the winner, Person D. Person D will…
- All patterns are in the plus size category – ie – if the pattern comes in 2 sizing groups, then it will be the larger category. Patterns to go up to at least go up to a size 20 (most go higher). Patterns listed as “all sizes” will include plus sizes. You get the idea!
- We are taking it on trust that all pattern pieces are there
- If you’re a winner, I would love it if you could make a small contribution to The Brooke. This is a charity close to the heart of Catherine, who so generously provided the original patterns. These plus sized patterns have been contributed by me in the spirit of the generosity of the sewing community
- Please engage in a timely fashion, launching your own giveaways soon after receiving a parcel
- You must be be happy to post patterns worldwide.
- Brudelein likes to be complimented, so feel free to woo my assistant in your comment!
photo credits: On the Road to Sew where, google images, meadhawg. All images remain the property of their original owners.